James & Deirdre

James & Deirdre

Friday, August 14, 2009

Vegetables~A~Plenty




  • WOW! Again this year, we planted too much! James and I have the same discussion each spring, plant the whole packet of seeds "Oh yeah, we'll eat them" ~We always have too much!


  • We both have been taking the harvest to work for weeks to share the wealth...My mailman loves zucchini...bless his heart :) I think Sunday we will take a huge box to the food bank in Rathdrum...fresh veggies would be great for those who need a little help!

  • I have made lots of pickled green beans... Alex will be so happy :) We are making dill pickle slices this weekend...yum!

  • I should save this message for spring...but plant something...even if you have no time or energy...It truly will make you feel better, and save lots of money at the market!

  • I love to relax in the garden after chores, and then you have to shower before bed...which helps you sleep too!




No comments:

Post a Comment